CAMP JACK IS BACK!
Very limited slots available. Please reach out to Camp Director Melissa St. Pierre at 508-206-0564.
The Camp Jack season will operate for six sessions from July 10 through August 18.
The link for the 2023 Parent Handbook is posted above.
The 2023 Camp Theme Weeks are below.
Please like and watch our Camp Jack Facebook page for updates and event notices.
We cannot wait to welcome our campers back again. See you soon!
2023 Camping Season
Our mission is to foster friendships among children with diabetes, their siblings, and friends through a safe, active program while enabling them to learn about and manage the common challenges of diabetes.
Who is it for? Youth with diabetes, ages 5 through 14, their siblings, and their friends who benefit from hands-on learning experiences in Type 1 diabetes management and support within the fun and welcoming environment of a comprehensive summer camp.
Why Camp Jack? The program’s small enrollment and staff-to-camper ratio ensure a safe and high-quality camp program in which the campers receive plenty of supervision from exceptional role models, take part in a variety of camp experiences, and learn something new every day.
Program activities include games, arts and crafts, nutrition and diabetes education, swimming, and outdoor fun in multiple athletic fields.
The following ensure your camper’s health and safety while they enjoy camp:
- Registered Nurse (RN) on site
- Local pediatrician as the Camp Health Care Consultant
- Staff trained by a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Staff members certified in CPR and First Aid
- Policies and procedures in compliance with the MA Department of Public Health
- Designated blood glucose testing time and location
- Diabetes regimen followed
- Appropriate snacks and drinks provided
- Accredited member of the American Camp Association (ACA)
- Member of the Diabetes Education and Camping Association (DECA)
2023 Camp Jack Theme Weeks
- Week 1 (Jul 10 - 14) Nature & Farming Fun
- Week 2 (Jul 17 - 21) Splashtastic
- Week 3 (Jul 24 - 28) Fantasy & Fairytale
- Week 4 (July 31 - Aug 4) Snap, Crackle, Pop
- Week 5 (Aug 7 - 11) Crafty & Clever Campers
- Week 6 (Aug 14 - 18) Color Wars
For more information about this service, please contact:
4 South Main Street
Fall River, MA 02721
(508) 679-5233 tel
(508) 679-6211 fax