About People Incorporated
People Incorporated was founded in 1968 by parents of people with disabilities who were seeking better quality and more diverse services for their children. Today, the organization offers employment training and job development, day habilitation, community and family support services, residential services, and children's services including early education and care, early intervention, parenting programs, and preschool.
The story of our success
People Incorporated is a forward-thinking human service agency staffed by caring people who are proud to create opportunities for children, adults, and families throughout Southeastern Massachusetts.
Our mission is to strengthen our community for each of its members by providing premier services for children and adults of all abilities in a collaborative and creative environment.
Since our inception in 1968, we have been one of the largest providers of supports and services to people of ALL abilities in the community. As a partnership of specialized, integrated programs, we provide unique opportunities to people with life challenges. At the core of our agency is the belief that people benefit from the services we offer and deserve the highest level of quality support. With over 870 dedicated employees, we believe this is accomplished by creating positive partnerships between our agency and the community.
Our service model includes supports for individuals with intellectual and cognitive disabilities and programs that address serious concerns faced within our community, including the school dropout issue, strengthening family support systems, and the need for improvement in the general health and well-being of our community.
Our success has been built upon a thoughtful, fully articulated business plan that we steadily change and improve. We have developed an annual strategic planning process that includes challenging but attainable goals in which all members of our organization participate. Over time, we have been able to create more understanding, value, and focus on the key areas necessary for us to continue our path to opportunity.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
To provide informed, authentic leadership for cultural equity, People Incorporated strives to
- See diversity, equity, and inclusion as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and individuals we serve.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our board and staff.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all employees to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.
People Incorporated abides by the following action items to help promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace:
- Pursue cultural awareness and humility throughout our organization by creating substantive learning opportunities and formal, transparent policies.
- Pool resources and expand offerings and opportunities that encourage and empower underrepresented employees to apply for leadership positions.
- Develop a system for being more intentional and conscious of bias during the hiring, promoting, and evaluating process. Train our hiring team on equitable practices.
- Develop and present sessions on diversity, equity, and inclusion to provide information and resources internally and to members of the community.
Our Core Values
Respectful - We are dedicated to having mutual regard for one’s feelings, values, and beliefs to promote a positive work culture and community.
Committed - We are committed to engaging ourselves and those we serve in our community by being visible and accountable for our words, our actions, and our results.
Accessible - We are accessible to employees, individuals we serve, and the community by having an open door and an open mind so we can continue building and maintaining effective relationships.
Supportive - We are devoted to providing assistance, resources, and encouragement through professional development, along with a diverse culture where community members can receive reassurance to seek and utilize the resources and support available to them.
Inclusive - We build an inclusive culture and environment of mutual respect and belonging to create better outcomes, decisions, and overall experiences in the workplace and our community.