Shared Living is a Department of Developmental Services residential option for individuals with disabilities that provides them with the opportunity to live in private family homes with dedicated caregivers. Each individual plays an active role in planning their daily routine and receives services tailored to their needs through People Incorporated’s clinical team and experienced professionals.
The relationship between the caregiver and the individual is the key to a successful Shared Living experience. People Incorporated ensures that caregivers have the skills needed to support the individuals we serve. The process involves both the individual and their family members in a highly personalized matching process. For many, this is the beginning of a long and mutually rewarding relationship.
The benefits for individuals:
- Learning new skills
- Socializing with family and friends
- Participation in community activities
- Advocacy services
- Medication management oversight
- Individualized Service Plans (ISPs) are developed to help individuals reach new goals
The benefits for caregivers:
- An annual tax free stipend
- Support through 24-hour case management
- The emotional rewards that come from helping others